Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Take a walk on the wild side

Did you know there is a zoo in Abu Dhabi - the Emirates Park Zoo? Well, I for one only recently found out about it. Actually, that is not entirely true. I had heard about it and never got myself to go there. But, after you have children, priorities change, right? So, finally, after seven years in Abu Dhabi, I made it to the zoo. 

The verdict? Big surprise. I honestly did not expect such a great space and so many animals. Sure, some areas could do with a little more TLC, but overall it is an excellent place to go with the kids. My little one loved seeing and interacting with all animals, from the very small to the really big ones. 

We started off at the petting area. Amazing. There are rabbits, cows, donkeys, llamas, ponies... Buy some grass for AED 10 and let your kids have a blast feeding them. For another AED 10 you can get a small bottle of milk to feed the baby goats. So cute!

After a while we moved on to explore the zoo. We saw a little bit of everything. Birds, monkeys, reptiles, lions, tigers (including the rare white ones), leopards, cheetahs, zebras and much more. The best part for me was the super up-close encounter with the giraffes. Unbelievable! 

Sadly, we missed the elephant feeding experience. So do remember to check the timings of shows and educational activities once you first get to the zoo!


If you want to make this an even more memorable experience, book a room at the Emirates Park Resort where you will be able to feed the giraffes from your own private balcony. I've never done this, so if you go ahead and try it out, do let me know your thoughts!









1 comment:

  1. wonderful !!! I wish I was there with you !! bjs sandra

    ReplyDelete