Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Abu Dhabi for Brazilians


Good news for my fellow Brazilians who are interested and eager to visit Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority has finally created a Portuguese version of www.visitabudhabi.ae/br.

With Etihad Airways now operating a daily nonstop flight to São Paulo, Brazil, the idea is to draw the attention of Brazilian tourists to Abu Dhabi, which is often overcast by the ever-so-popular Dubai. 

As a comms professional, I obviously had to go in and explore the new version. Overall, despite some typos and a weird mix-up of languages here and there, it is quite good. I am sure you will find it easy to navigate and read through.

The only thing I can’t quite get over is the following: 

The website has eight other versions - Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin. So why is it that they have named the ninth version Brazilian? Sorry, but in Brazil we don’t speak Brazilian, we speak Portuguese!

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to learn the same about your blog--- I loved it.I am a big fan of your blog.i am so excited by read of your blog's content.really great post.Thanks for sharing.
    Arun Panchariya in Dubai

    ReplyDelete