Friday, November 9, 2012

Guaraná Antarctica now in the UAE

Back in March I posted about three Emiratis who joined forces with a Brazilian to produce a local Guaraná after a series of frustrated attempts to attract the interest of Brazilian companies into exporting the product.
 
Well, it seems they will need to get ready to face some fierce competition: Guaraná Antarctica can now be found on the shelves of several supermarkets throughout the UAE.
 
In Abu Dhabi, I was happy to see the soft-drink, made from extracts of an Amazonian fruit, at Lulu Hypermarket. And, surely enough, I made sure I stocked up (photo below) before I advertised this here to my fellow Brazilian expats who miss this little taste of Brazil. Don't want to take any chances... 'wink, wink'
 
 
 
Note to self: get a hold of SADIA and find out why it is suddenly so hard to find the delicious Pão de Queijo in the UAE. Would love to have it together with some Guaraná… Perfect match!

8 comments:

  1. I know this post is 2 years old but, is there any chance I can find guarana somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes! You can usually find it in Lulu Hypermarket. I've also seen it at a couple of Co-Operative Societies in Khalidiya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great thank you for quick response :) i recently visited Rio and fell in love with this drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. Glad to help. Hope you find it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, if anyone knows Mr. Marco Cunha I'd like to please get in touch with him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello were can i find guarani in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Nassir, I suggest you look for it at CoOp or Lulu. These are the places I usually see it in Abu Dhabi.

    ReplyDelete