Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Perfume on the go


The latest novelty in the UAE? Perfume on the go.
 
That’s right. Walking around Al Wahda Mall the other day I came across this vending machine (see pics below). Strangely enough, it did not contain the usual water, soft drinks, juices, chocolate or other snacks. It was filled with perfume!
 
 
 
Apparently, this is the way it works: on the sides you have several perfume bottles. You can try them and make your choice. Then, you pay AED 50 (approximately USD 14) and press a button to select the one you want. It’s as simple as that! And you even get a little bag to carry it around!
 
Now, since I did not actually try any of them, I can't really attest to the quality of the perfumes. But one thing I know - they really did get creative with the names: Tango, Active, Ghost, Buffalo (can't even begin to imagine the scent of this one...)!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mariana. I´m Leticia, Marzullo´s wife and both of us, me and my husband, are your parents friends here in Brazil. Just loved your blog. It will be very usefull for my trip. We´ll be travelling to Dubai next month. Want a name of a GREAT restaurant in Dubai and another one in Abu Dhabi. Hope Olivia is fine!!! She´s very cute!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leticia, I've sent you an email. It should be in your inbox by now. Let me know if you need any additional information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve got your e mail. Thank you very much again. Hope to see you all soon. Love.
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete