Friday, December 30, 2011

Let us welcome 2012!

This year was not an easy one. Lots of obstacles, losses, sadness along the way. Dreams and wishes that did not come true…

But I guess what matters is to be able to be here today, still standing, filled with hope, strength and energy, ready to start a new cycle.
And although I am more than glad to see this year come to an end, I must admit it wasn’t all that bad. I also had many blessings and I am very thankful for each one of them!
In 2011…
I made important changes to my career.

I celebrated the achievements of BurCArioca: over 26500 pageviews and more than 1300 fans on its Facebook page.
I learned that things will happen when they happen and as they happen for a specific reason and that I cannot control every single aspect of my life.
I exercised patience, tolerance and acceptance.
I rediscovered simple pleasures in life like waking up late, having a cup of coffee with a slice of cake in the middle of the afternoon, following and enjoying the lamest series and soap operas, singing in the shower, having a glass of bubbly or wine for no reason at all.
I travelled to the most wonderful places.

I made new friends.

I got to spend time with my family and very dear friends.
I became the proud aunt of Giovana and Nuno, two little creatures who gave me the most precious and happiest moments of the year and who are the proof that life is grand and beautiful and magic.
So let us open our minds and hearts and welcome 2012! May the next 365 days be filled with all that is good in this world!

1 comment:

  1. Lindo amiga. Adorei! E se prepara que em 2012 vai ter 366 dias!!Espero que cada um mais feliz do que o outro!! Bjss e Feliz 2012. Marina

    ReplyDelete