Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Qasr Al Sarab: a refugee for millionaires AND mere mortals

People usually associate the United Arab Emirates with opulence and luxury. True. I guess this is a part of what this country has to offer. However, there is an interesting detail people often forget to mention: the lavish options available around here are not only for millionaires and can be enjoyed by mere mortals.

And this, my friends, is exactly the piece of information missing from the article Desert resort is refugee for millionaires, by Casa Vogue, a Brazilian publication.

Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara is a stunning hotel, different from anything you will probably find anywhere else in the world. The huge and sumptuous rooms, amazing amenities and delicious food all contribute to its enormous appeal, but the real differentiator here is its location – Abu Dhabi’s famous Empty Quarter, a truly exotic scenery with miles and miles of desert, sand and dunes.

Made for a king? Sure thing! After all, you need only to step into Qasr Al Sarab to feel like one! But you don’t have to sell all your oil, camels and gold to afford a couple of nights in this remarkable place.

On the contrary to what most people might think, especially after taking a look at some of the below pics, the daily rate for a standard room at Qasr Al Sarab is not a whole lot more than what you would pay for a very basic hotel room in New York, Paris, London or even Rio de Janeiro – perhaps even cheaper!

Actually, depending on the time of year you decide to go there or the time in advance you make the booking, you may be able to get rooms for a daily rate as low as USD 160. Not too bad, right?

And, just in case you are wondering, here are a few of the standard room amenities:

·        Private terrace with garden area with stunning desert views
·        King-size or twin beds
·        High thread-count linen
·        Oversized bathtub and rain shower
·        Flat-screen TV
·        DVD player
·        Media box
·        Free Wi-Fi
·        Personal Nespresso coffee machine
·        Air conditioning
·        Pillow menu

Not too shabby at all!!!

We might not all be millionaires, but we will surely feel like one at Qasr Al Sarab – even if only for a day!












6 comments:

  1. Helloo..
    I was just looking for my 'local eid weekend' options and saw your blog. I think I've been to every resort in the WR and in Abu Dhabi except Qasr and now reading your blog, I think I'm going to book myself there. Thanks for writing about it:).
    Cheers
    Sarika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarika! I am sure you will like it. An amazing place!!!! I've been there myself a couple of years back and loved it! Not sure about the prices for Eid, but they should have good options for you. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend 3 absolutely wonderful days there, never to forget, really amazing desert and the hotel is very romantic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    adorei passear e tirar férias nem que seja por 3 minutos nesse lugar tão lindo. bjus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a tempting option for my third visit to UAE next year.
    Last February our weekend at Bab Al Shams,Jumeirah was interrupted by a major sandstorm.
    Quite an experience,a sandstorm in the middle of the desert,but I hope next time I will be able to enjoy my camel and horse desert rides. Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure ... next time in Abu Dhabi I will be there with all my family. Thanks for your delightful tips.
    MP

    ReplyDelete