Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Road signs - entertaining to say the least

Just about every time I drive around, I come back home surprised by some of the street and road signs I find scattered all around Abu Dhabi. Some of them are really very entertaining, to say the least…

Beware of road surprises

Hum, excuse me, but do you think you could be just a little more specific? Reckless driving? Speeding? I don’t think so, since that seems to be standard driving around here. So, what exactly are we talking about? Alien invasion?








People crossing

Quick question… Should we only stop for men in a dishdash and run over everyone else?











Camels

Yes sure, in some places we watch out for people and in other places we must be on the lookout for camels. What else?












I just hope they don’t decide to cross the road on a day like this…




Speed limit

Ok. Pretty clear, right? Speed limit for cars = 140













Well, it would be if it wasn’t for the sign posted immediately after it…



So, which one is it? 120, 140? Make up your mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment