Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Full speed at the Yas Marina Circuit

Who says you need to be a professional driver to experience a race car track and its amazing turns?

Well, I just came back from the Yas Marina Circuit and I can say this is certainly not the case.

Every Tuesday evening, from 6pm to 8pm, cyclists and runners are welcomed to the popular Yas Training Nights, with free entry to all.

The adventure starts at Gates 6 and 7. After a quick and simple sign-up process, Abu Dhabi residents and visitors can opt to use the Full Circuit (5.55km) or the South Circuit (2.35km).

It is really a once in a lifetime opportunity. Besides the thrill of actually setting foot inside the circuit and to be able to see the entire race through a totally different perspective, it is also nice to see all kinds of people (professional and amateur runners and cyclists, adults, elders, kids, etc.) together, enjoying a great night outdoors.



I am definitely going back before the temperature rises again, but, for now, I’ve got to run and get my toosh into a bucket full of ice. I don’t think it was very wise of me to hop onto a bike and do 10km after approximately 20 years without riding one. Already feeling the pain…

So, if you’ll excuse me - gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. well done to go back cycling and hope you dont freeze the toosh

    10km is a long way after so long, guess you will be sore tomorrow, but dont give up! soon u are back in form and enjoy de ride

    ReplyDelete