Monday, February 14, 2011

Basic Arabic

I’m a bit embarrassed by what I’m about to say, so I’ll just come right out and say it: I haven’t yet mastered the Arabic language.

I did try it once. Bought a complete pack with CD, DVD, etc. (you know, the one sold in airports and major malls in the US?), but it did not work out for me. The whole method is quite interesting and probably would have worked if I tried learning Italian or French or something along those lines. Not Arabic.

Spoken by more than 280 million people and the official language of 22 countries, Arabic is certainly beautiful (specially the caligraphy), but it can be tricky. Basically, you have to deal with an entire different alphabet, written from right to left, several dialects and various interpretations. Tough…

So, after four years, I’m still stuck with the basic stuff, like hello, goodbye, welcome, thank you and so forth.

I know it’s not much, but I am happy to share it with you. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment