Saturday, January 29, 2011

A touch of gold

I know, I know, it’s been a while since I last posted. Sorry about that, but I’ve been trying to make the most out of the time I have with my folks who are currently here for a visit. I guess I lost track of time…

So, yes, I haven’t posted in ten days, but the good news is I’ve been out and about and now have even more to share with you!

Write this down. If you ever come to Abu Dhabi and decide to visit Emirates Palace, the most luxurious hotel in the city, you simply must stop for a cup of coffee.

What’s the big deal over a cup of coffee? Well, this one comes with gold flakes! Yes, that’s right. For only AED 50 (US$ 14) you can bring the world to a halt, even if only for a few seconds, and pretend you are rich and can actually afford to take your coffee with gold flakes.

And if you still need more gold in your life after this, you can always stop at the gold ATM on your way out and take a few grams home with you. The smallest bar, with approximately 2.5 grams, will set you back in approximately AED 455 (US$ 123).

1 comment:

  1. Dear BurCarioca

    I love it,
    wish you have great fun with your parents

    the coffee sounds fun and even more to know that you will produce some quite valuables and waive good bye as you press the flush!

    regarding the gold machine I really think it is awesome and it is in such suitable place. Pure luxury cash.

    Did you get some for you? I will!

    ReplyDelete