Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend break: The Chedi, Muscat, Oman

One of the good things of living in the UAE is that you are pretty close to some really interesting destinations.
I usually tend to run away to Europe every chance I get. Not sure why. Maybe it just feels closer to home. But, this past week, we decided to spend Eid, one of the local holidays, in Muscat, Oman.
Ok. I confess. I did not actually get to see much of Muscat, so I really can’t give you much information on that, but I think you will enjoy a quick review on The Chedi, the hotel we stayed in.
If you ever need to chill and relax, this is the place to be. Beautiful design, with lots of green (which is always good for us here in the middle of the desert), water gardens and cozy little nooks.
The two swimming pools are amazing and you are constantly pampered with water to keep you hydrated. One of them is dedicated entirely to adults, so you don’t need to worry about kids running around, screaming or splashing water on you.
The beach is also really nice. It’s a bit rocky, so you need to watch-out as you go in, but once you are there enjoy the clear water and the little fishes passing by.
The spa has a great selection of massages and treatments and the gym, although a bit small, is sufficient to keep you in shape. Although you will have to work extra hard not to gain a few pounds since all you really want to do at The Chedi is eat and drink! I can personally attest to that!
Your day will go something like this: massive breakfast (buffet + a selection of eggs, waffles and pancakes a la carte), drinks, snacks and lunch by the pool and, to finalize, dinner at one of the restaurants. The best one, in my opinion, is The Beach Restaurant. Amazing setting, delicious food and perfect soundtrack: the waves.
Now I am re-energized and ready to face the marathon that is about to start Thursday night: Brazil here I come!






No comments:

Post a Comment