Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To blog or not to blog?

Ever since I moved to the United Arab Emirates, back in 2007, people (friends and family - it's not as if I am famous or anything) have been asking me to share the details of life in the Middle East. It's amazing how much interest this side of the world generates!

I did consider writing a book. I even had a title for it. The only thing is I am not really a writer and I am not sure how easy it would be to get published.

So, I decided to become a blogger. It just felt like the easiest and most immediate way to help me share my numerous experiences and answer at least some of the questions I've been asked time and time again:

Why on earth did you decide to move to Abu Dhabi? Do you really live literally in the middle of the desert? Is is true that you hardly ever get rain up there? Is a camel the most common means of transportation around there? As a woman, are you allowed to work and drive? Do you have to cover yourself to get out of the house? How do you manage without alcohol, pork and other items not quite so popular with Muslims? etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

Interested in knowing more about the life of a CARIOCA in the land of the BURCAS?

Watch this space and feel free to send in your own questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment